Move Systems is seeking an enthusiastic, full time, Repair and Maintenance Shift Supervisor.
- Manage and supervise the 24/7 operations, and a team of technicians for a R&M facility for mobile food vending vehicles in Astoria, Queens
- Completes projects with minimal guidance showing a proactive attitude to minimizing equipment down time and lost production capability
- Must have formal training or certification in wheeled-vehicle repair (willing to accept work experience in a similar field as a substitute)
- Intimate knowledge of Kitchen Equipment operation/repair, and gas-plumbing is very desirable
- Seeking a practicing electrician, or someone with verifiable industry experience
- Troubleshoots mechanical devices in operation; dismantles and examines devices to gain access to and remove defective parts; adjusts, repairs or replaces defective parts
- Uses hand tools and pneumatic tools to modify or repair parts and equipment
- Installs new or repairs/modifies hydraulic and pneumatic equipment as needed
- Improves reliability and uptime of all equipment. Takes a proactive approach to equipment issues with a preventive maintenance mentality
- Operates forklift and hydraulic working platform as needed
- Researches supplies, parts and tools needed to complete work orders
- Assists in identifying and maintaining an accurate inventory of parts
- Contributes to upkeep and updating of required paperwork such as records, maintenance logs, documents, manuals, drawings, PM logs, etc
- Supports the vision, mission and guiding principles of the company
- Follows applicable Safety, Health and Environmental rules and guidelines while performing job duties
- Maintains departmental housekeeping standards
- Other duties as assigned
- Seeking someone Full Time, not to exceed 40 hours in an average work week, but willing to work within the seasonality of the outdoor food vending business
- Might be required to work weekends until the responsibilities and workload gets more evenly distributed
- Must be able to manage and work different shifts based on the needs of the schedule and workload
- High performing individuals with the right attitude will have the opportunity to stay-on, on a permanent basis, as the company starts its projected growth
- Ability to follow directions in a team environment
- Excitement and interest in the mission of Move Systems
- Possessing knowledge of the food-cart industry is a big-plus
- Must be able work in the US without sponsorship from any employer
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- An Electrical E2 License is a plus
- Must have previous experience managing mechanics and technicians in a faced paced maintenance facility
- Must have basic skills on use of computers: MS Office, Windows, etc.
- Requires the ability to operate a wide variety of tools such as hand tools, power tools, drill press, band saw, etc.
- Must have knowledge of mechanical systems including gear boxes, motors, air compressors, pumps, AC, DC, drive troubleshooting, etc.
- Must be able to read, communicate and comprehend written and oral instructions in English; read and comprehend safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, equipment files, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing form through letters and email; ability to do research in the Internet or company Intranet
- Ability to implement, enforce and maintain guidelines set by the Company or management
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. Strong organization skills and self-starter motivation. Prioritization skills in alignment with Plant priorities. Continuous Improvement mindset and results oriented
- Must have math skills to add, subtract, multiply and divide and the ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume, and distance; ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems; ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.)
- Must have ability to reason and address problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Must have manual dexterity sufficient to operate a wide variety of hand tools, hand trucks, fork lift, mechanical platforms and lifts, bench tools, saws, drills etc.
Note: The above description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities due to the nature of work performed to accomplish Move Systems’ Mission. Move Systems Incorporated is proud to be an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer.